A Child’s Place not only works to ensure that our students are mentally prepared to learn, but physically prepared as well. We focus on providing supplies from four key areas to all of the students we assist: toiletries, uniforms/clothing, school supplies and snacks. All supplies distributed are generously donated by individuals, businesses, civic/faith groups, schools and others in our community. Currently, A Child’s Place is in need of the following items:
- Trifold Presentation Boards
- Jumbo Pencils
- #2 Pencils/ Mechanical Pencils
- Poster Boards
- Construction Paper
- Alphabet Tracing Books
- Simple math flash cards
- Hand sanitizer
- 1 and 2 inch binders
- Gift Cards: $30 to Walmart or Food Lion
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Linens (New: sheets, pillow slips, etc)
- Pot/Pans and other kitchen utensils (New-Gently Used)
- Baby Wipes
- Clorox Wipes
- Girls khakis pants: Sizes 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18
- Boys khaki pants: Sizes 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18
- Polo shirts: All sizes (white and navy)
- Long-sleeved polo shirts: All sizes (white and navy)
- Black Belt: All sizes (kids)
- African American Hair Products (Brands include: Motions, Olive Oil, Crème of Nature)
- Child-friendly products- deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes
- Sanitary Napkins
- Undergarments (Girls and Boys: all sizes)
- Movie tickets/passes ($15 gift card to Regal)
- Long socks (Nike preferred)
- Headphones (large style)
- NFL gear (hats, sweatshirts)
Individually packed/single-size snacks: Grain: Crackers, Cereal/ Nutragrain Bar, Pretzels, Goldfish, Trail Mix, Animal Crackers. Drink: Juice, Capri Sun or Small Water. Fruit: Applesauce, Fruit Cup.
Packed snack bags: No snack bags are needed at this time, however, once school starts we would love to have volunteers to deliver snack bags to the schools!
**Please refrain from including large bottled water, soda, chocolate milk, Hugs juice jugs and sports drinks. Please DO NOT include anything with Peanuts or Peanut Butter in them to protect kids with these allergies in schools. This includes items “made in a facility with nuts or peanuts.
Before coordinating a large donation drive, please contact us to ensure the anticipated need is still unfilled as we have limited storage space.