A Child’s Place works with students struggling with attendance, behavior and academics. A Child’s Place collaborates with teachers to ensure each student is improving and excelling in their education. We provide school supplies, back packs and uniforms for each student.
A Child’s Place program staff provide the following on an as-needed basis:
– weekly check-ins to discuss any situations or obstacles they are experiencing that may upset their school life or their emotional state
– daily/weekly snack bags to ensure that each child has something to eat when they leave school each afternoon
– medical/dental/vision referrals for students needing this attention
– New clothing or uniforms as available
– tutors and mentors from the community upon request
**All of our students are guaranteed free breakfast and lunch at their respective schools; outside of school we cannot guarantee a meal for dinner.